Business Languages and Professional Adaptability
Entry requirements: Basic knowledge of native language, foreign language, psychology, anthropology and sociology
Language of the course: Russian
Students will learn:
- To master methodology of language acquisition
- To develop own language potential and use language as means of intellectual development
- To employ language both verbal and symbolic as a tool of business communication and adaptation when faced with professional challenges
- To understand the role of business languages in the system of solving professional tasks in IT support for financial processes
- To conduct professional dialogue with native speakers and representatives of other cultures with the help of universal business languages
- To use adaptation skills when faced with professional challenges
- Definition of language. Language in philosophy, anthropology, linguistics, psychology.
- Language as derivative of activity: Definition of activity. Communication as activity. Language as communications device.
- Professional communication. Key concepts of Noam Chomsky's theory of language as derivative of activity.
- Language as sign system: Key measurements of human activity. Man-man system, man-machine system, man-sign system, mixed systems of interaction. Language as sign system in complex human interaction, including professional activity.
- Psychology of language acquisition: processes of interiorization and exteriorization of sign system. Language practice as process of language interiorization. How to acquire languages. Language and memory.
- Business language phenomenon: Language as verbal phenomenon, non-verbal languages, sign language, mathematics as language. Languages of international communication. Definition of business languages as systems of cross-cultural and cross-language communication. Accounting system as traditional business language. Project management as international business language.
- Concepts of adaptation and adaptability: Adaptation in biology. Adaptation in psychology. Positive and negative adaptation.
- Adaptability as measure of adaptation. Adaptation and psychological resilience. Adaptation in professional sphere. Situations of professional challenge. Strategies of overcoming professional challenges according to the personal resilience type.
- Use of business language as a device for professional adaptation. Impact of knowledge of business languages on personal professional adaptation of a FinTech specialist.
Lectures, labs and practical sessions
Attendance is mandatory. Students should complete all the assignments.