Designing Structured Finance Instruments
Entry requirements: Basic understanding of concepts: financial market, investments, strategies, supply and demand, micro- and macroeconomic factors and indicators, profitability, liquidity, predicting, risks.
Language of the course: Russian
Students will learn:
- To implement methods of designing structured products
- To master comparative analysis of structured products offered by key financial market players
- To analyze the dynamics of structured product profitability and risks
- To predict key indicators of structured products (profitability, liquidity)
- To use structured products for risk hedging
- To provide analytical report on the efficiency of application and possibilities of development of structured products
Course covers key development trends of structured products and methods of financial engineering; main sources of information on structured products; factors that impact the profitability of structured products.
The course is divided in two big sections:
– Prospects and possibilities of structured product development: Definition and role of structured products. Development stages and prospects of financial engineering. Investment products.
– Types of structured products
Lectures and practice sessions
Attendance is mandatory. Students should complete all the assignments. The final grade is based on the student performance throughout the course.