Discrete Decision Making
Entry requirements: Basic understanding of modeling and programming methods, analytical skills.
Language of the course: Russian
Students will learn to
- Understand principles of decision making
- Use methods of Linear programming
- Solve transportation problems and their variants
- Make Decision Analysis under certainty, uncertainty and risk
- Apply Simulation Modeling for Decision Making
- Solve network problems
- Use elements of game theory for Decision Making
Decision making is a popular tool in many applied areas such as economics, psychology, sociology, philosophy, mathematics, computer science, and others. It is concerned with identifying the values, uncertainties, and other issues relevant to a given decision, its rationality, and the resulting optimal decision. The course includes general principles of decision making, a popular model of linear and nonlinear programming, duality and post-optimal analysis, elements of game theory, and simulation modeling.
Lectures and practical sessions.
Attendance is mandatory. Students cannot miss more than one class.